- WHY BALANCE DIET IS IMPORTANT????
Introduction to Balance Diet:
A balanced diet reflects a diet that provide sufficient
Energy and enough of all nutrients to meet the need
Of a healthy person and to make them able to do work.
Balance diet contain different amount of food from all
Food groups to provide adequate calories,minerals and
- Eating well can also help ward off numerous diseases and health complications, as well as help maintain a healthy body weight, provide energy, allow better sleep, and improve brain function.
- To ensure an adequate and balanced diet,eat a variety of foods daily that are nutrient dense.
- How well you nourish yourself does not depend on the selection of any one food, instead it depends on the overall eating pattern of a person that includes beverages and food at numerous meals over days. “A BALANCED DIET IS A COOKIE IN EACH HAND”
Elements Of Balanced Diet:
A Balanced diet consists of 7 essential components
- Dietary Fibres
Balanced Eating Pattern:
A balanced eating pattern emphasizes nutrient dense options
Within each food group.By consistently selecting nutrient-
Dense food a person can contain all of the nutrients needed
And still keep within calorie limits.
- A healthy and balanced eating patterns include
- Variety of veggies from all of the subgroups
- Whole fruits
- Grains at least half of which are whole grains
- Fat-free or low fat dairy
- Variety of protein fruits
- Limit saturated and trans fats
- Limits sugar
- Decreased intake of sodium
- Less intake of alcohol
” A HEALTHY OUTSIDE STARTS FROM THE INSIDE”
IMPORTANCE OF BALANCED DIET
There may be a relationship between lifestyle including food consumption and lowering the risk of Cancer and other life threatening diseases. A diet high in fruit and vegetables appears to decrease the risk of disease.
- A healthy balanced diet is good for physical as well as for mental health.
A balanced diet supplies the nutrients your body needs to work effectively. Without balanced nutrition, your body is more prone to disease, infection, fatigue, and low performance.
- When you eat the full range of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients you improve your immune system and your healthy balanced diet may even help to prevent diseases.
- Taking Balanced diet in daily routine also prevents Minerals and vitamins deficiency.
- It controls body weight because calorie dense food causes weight gain but in this diet we prefer nutrient dense food that is not unhealthy at all.
- Nutrient-dense foods will digest and therefore be released into the system over a longer period of time. On the other hand, easily digestible food (sugary/simple carbohydrates) will digest much quicker, causing the body to feel hungry again in a much shorter time frame.So it gives enough energy and maintains hunger level.
“NOTHING IS UNHEALTHY IN A BALANCED DIET”
The Factors That Influence Our Balanced diet
- Biological determinants such as hunger, appetite, and taste.
- Economic determinants such as cost, income, availability.
- Physical determinants such as access, education, skills (e.g. cooking) and time.
- Social determinants such as culture, family, peers and meal patterns.
A healthy and balanced diet is much more important for children because of their growing age.Any nutrient deficiency at this age can lead to serious health problems and make them lazy and dull.It is also vital for adults to spend happy and healthy life because our diet also correlates to mood swings.Eating healthy and balanced diet keep you fresh and happy.
Hey! It’s Ayesha Arif, working as a freelance writer. I am trying to give my best knowledge in my content. Working with fundaking.com as a content writer.