Sugar or glucose is present in the blood of human’s body naturally. It provides energy to body organs. Our muscles and liver produce sugar, but carbohydrates contain high sugar. After you eat food that contains carbohydrates, your body breaks down carbohydrates into sugar and glucose. The body makes a hormone, called insulin, that use or store sugar. The excess or not a proper use of insulin leads to high blood sugar levels.so,
By Faiza Nasir
- The average blood sugar level is between 70-90mg/dl
- Standard class 2 hours after eating is less than 140mg/dl
Now, we discuss the causes of high blood sugar levels.
Causes of High blood sugar levels
- Depression and stress
- an illness, such as fever
- Overeating, such as taking carbohydrates
- Taking particular medicine, for example, steroids
- Lack of physical activity
Moreover, taking an incorrect dose of diabetes is also a reason of High blood sugar levels.
When you have diabetes, your body does not make enough insulin, that’s why too much amount of sugar collects in your blood which is known as hyperglycemia.
Causes of hyperglycemia
Hyperglycemia can happen when you don’t take insulin or diabetes medicine and increase the chances of High blood sugar levels.
- Take other medications that increase blood sugar
- Overeating food or carbohydrates
- Lack of exercise, or physical activity
- Get sick and have surgery
- Have emotional stress
- Have hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle
Five sure signs of hyperglycemia
1. Increased thirst
Your body tries to eliminate the excess sugar making you drink a lot of water. As a result, you will urinate too, and your blood sugar level will be high.
2. Constant fatigue
The high sugar content in your blood drain’s all your energy, making you feel tired all the time, and it can high blood sugar levels.
3. Hazy vision
Hyperglycemia causes fluid to leak into the lens of your eyes, making you feel blurry or fuzzy.
4. Numbness or pain
Hyperglycemia can lead to nerve damage, which leads to numbness or pain in your feet and hands.
5. Foot infections
Hyperglycemia can cause you to lose the sensation in your feet, increasing the risk of wounds and getting infected without your knowledge.
How to treat hyperglycemia
- Check your diabetes on a daily basis
- Take diabetes medicine as recommended by your doctor
- Check your blood sugar level every 4 hours
- Follow stable schedule
- Increase exercise or physical activity
- Stop practice when your blood sugar level is above 240.
Immediately Consult with your doctor.
- If your blood sugar level remains above from target point
- Breath that smells fruity.
- Parched mouth
High blood pressure lead to type 2 diabetes.
Type 2- Diabetes
It is a chronic condition that affects the metabolism of sugar, source of fuel for the body. In this disease, your body doesn’t produce enough insulin according to your glucose levels. Too much sugar remains in your blood that increase the chances of high blood sugar levels.
It’s a common disease. Ninety-five per cent of people are suffering from type 2-diabetes.
People with these symptoms may have a high risk of type 2-diabetes
Being overweight have a high risk of type 2-diabetes because it causes insulin resistance, a condition in which body muscle liver and fat cells don’t use insulin properly. Furthermore, your blood sugar levels increase.
2. Fat Distribution
Fatter store in the abdomen that increases the risk of diabetes. As a result, Extra belly fat is linked to insulin resistance.
Being lazy or inactive may increase diabetes risk because of our glucose level increases.
- Have a history of diabetic family
For example, If any person in the family has this disease, this may increase the chances of diabetes and high blood sugar levels in the next generation.
- Depression and anxiety
- Have a stroke and heart disease in past
- Have a high blood pressure
- Being aged over 30years and Having Blood pressure of 150/90 or higher
There, are few symptoms of type 2-diabetes
Symptoms of type 2-diabetes
- Increased thirst and urination
- Increased hunger
- Feeling tired
- Blurry vision
- Unexplained weight loss
Treatment of type 2-diabetes
- Increase your physical activities and exercise
- Proper diet plan according to the health provider
- Change your lifestyle
- Manage your glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol level
- Take prescribed medicine
- Heart diseases
- Nerve damage
- Foot problems
- Eye disease
- Sexual problems
In this type of diabetes, our immune system works in a way that, when it fights with infection, it may be harmful to the pancreas that makes insulin. So, it stops the production of insulin.
It’s not a common disease. Almost 5 per cent of people are suffering from type 1-Diabetes.
Now, let’s discuss its symptoms.
Symptoms of Type 1-Diabetes
- Symptoms of type 1-diabetes are similar to type 2- diabetes increased hunger, thirst and urination.
- Have a blurry vision and unexplained weight loss.
- Immediately, Consult with your doctor if your blood sugar level is more than 250mg /dl.
Another life-threatening symptom of type 1-diabetes is DKA(Diabetes ketoacidosis ). DKA occurs when the body starts breaking down at a rate that is too much fast.
Symptoms of DKA
- Breath that smells fruity
- Dry skin
- Vomiting and stomach pain
- Trouble breathing and feeling confused
Treatment of type 1-Diabetes
Here, we talk about its treatments
- Take insulin through a needle, pen, syringe or insulin pump
- physical activity for an instant, exercise
- Check your glucose level regularly
- Change your lifestyle before its severity
- Consult with your doctor at least, once in a week
Now we discuss its long-term effects:
Effects of long-term type 1-diabetes
- Heart diseases or stroke
- Eye problems namely, blurred vision
- Depression and nerve damage
- Foot problems, for example, wound
- Trouble paying attention
- Feeling confused and stressed
In the end, to maintain your sugar levels, you have to make sure that you are taking proper and healthy food so, you can keep away yourself from the unstable eating routine. Moreover, it will be helpful for you to spend your everyday life.
By exercise, proper dirt and through medicine, you can get rid of High blood sugar levels. Moreover, consult with your doctor in any critical situation.
Faiza Nasir is a good writer.she has been giving her energies as an intelligent writer. She can write on different subjects.
Contact her: email@example.com